Tuesday, October 16, 2012

T is for Tuesday and today's thoughts

So you know how some people once they have kids think they can no longer be stylish or show off what they got? If they had long hair before they end up cutting it all off after, no more heels hello only flats and sometimes even just flip flops, goodbye bronzer just keep some mascara. No more girly, frilly dresses welcome the jeans and over sized tops. Lace has now been extinct now cotton is the only fabric you own.

WELL THAT WILL NOT BE ME!!!!!! EVEN WITH TWO BABIES!!!!

How is that fair to yourself? How is that fair to your spouse? Even your children. Since losing weight last year and getting down to the smallest I've ever been I now know it is possible and wasn't the hardest thing ever. Obviously it takes effort and discipline but if it were easy everyone would be small. I just know for my well being I need and want to get back to that size, which is why I did not throw my clothes away or give them to anyone. Actually what gets me is that I had several people ask for my clothes 'since I was pregnant' I couldn't wear them is what they would say. Ummmm.... yes at the moment I may not be able to wear those size 2 AE boyfriend jeans which were my favorite but hello are you implying I will be fat and not get back into them after I give birth?? I mean really. I found it rude every time someone asked, insulting.

My goal is to have people say what? you gave birth to twins? Your so small. So considering they will be born this month or even the first of November I am honestly all belly. God has been very good to me. I had the worst fear that I would gain like 200 lbs and be a whale. I didn't though, I've gained about 25 and as of the moment the babies are 4 1/2 lbs each plus placenta/fluid/blood/whatever else that has to be about 16 lbs in itself just them. So maybe the other 9-10 lbs went all over but I am very very very okay with that. I do not feel fat at all. I am proud of myself for not eating everything in sight and not using pregnancy as an excuse just to eat and not do anything. Until they put me in here at 31 weeks I was working, still doing everyday things. To be honest since I've been in here I feel as if I have lost maybe 5 lbs, there food isn't very good. Not to mention you do a lot of sleeping when you can't go or do anything.

I just am ready to start up yoga again and take it slow of course but start walking getting back into the mind set. I figure a good bit of this weight will go when they come out, and then I have 6 months to get back into bathing suit shape. I can do this. I want my husband to still look at me and be like wow, your beautiful even more so after this. I can't wait to get my hair colored, I've been doing the ombre thing for the past 5 months so I didn't have to color my roots every 6 weeks. I need some color to this skin of mine. I was good and didn't sit out and put my babies in that heat this summer. So this pastiness needs to go asap. I cant wait to get back into my heels without worrying anymore about toppling over and harming the buns in the oven. Just all of it! I am so excited.

Now I know what your thinking, yea she doesn't know what shes about to get into, there's no time for that when your a mom, only selfish moms have time to take care of themselves. Well good for you but no that is not true. A mother who cares about her family will make time for herself, you have to feel good about yourself in order to be the best you can be. Not to mention when you feel good about yourself others feed off that, so it will only benefit my family for me to take care of myself. So if you want to be a frump and never feel sexy again good for you but my marriage will not go to the wayside just because I had babies nor will my Mommy skills be anything less than great because I took time for me. So here's to ME! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment