Saturday, January 11, 2014

The BIG dinner.

So this church dinner I am in charge of decorating excites me! I love to be in charge of things and see them through, that is when it's something that makes me happy. I love the idea of having parties and making people feel welcomed and included in my life, the church body, whatever the occasion. I have never had the space to ever have any of these at my own house but one day when God gives us the house we are waiting for I finally can. I feel like when people come or are invited to something it shows 1: that you care about them and 2: they obviously care about you when they show up. We need more of that these days, making people feel included and needed, because really you will always need someone for something. That's okay I believe that's how its suppose to be. I think the people who are so INDEPENDENT and act as if they need nobody are the ones who are the loneliest and miserable. Our job as human beings not just Christians is to love.

I have been throwing ideas around in my head for over two months now for this dinner on valentines night. It has kept me up some nights because I cant turn off my thinker (hehe). If we had an unlimited budget this dinner would most definitely be the talk of the town not just the church world. It sparks excitement when I get to be creative and run with it with no limits. To make people walk in and be excited themselves to be there. I know what I want and when it doesn't work out that way it gets frustrating but I guess that is part of event planning you have to make room for error. I already have come across some things that are limiting me. However I really really don't want to settle for this, that and the other. I want to do it all to the best of my ability. My pastor from the day the got to our church has always said he wants to do everything in our church with excellence. No matter how big or small when you are doing something unto the Lord you should always strive for excellence. So I feel like if I have to settle for plastic table cloths instead of linen ones then I am settling but what am I to do? I am already settling for Christmas lights instead of patio lights!!!!! I just want this to be what I have been envisioning and when it doesn't come out like my vision its a little frustrating!! So I have a good month now to tweak my vision to meet my limits that I am running into!

Ya know I have sat and thought maybe this is part of my purpose, because it does excite me, gets my creative juices flowing and makes me motivated but then I start doubting because you have to have money to start visions and dreams, and you usually need connections. However as I write this I keep hearing in my head that God would provide all of that if I just took the step of faith and try it, if  this is what He has created me for. So maybe this is my open door.... Valentines day may be my stepping through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment