Saturday, January 11, 2014

Just in the movies.

Is romance something that is just in the movies and tv shows or is it really something that certain people produce? Do men really take the time to think about what would make her happy? Or plan a romantic dinner for two somewhere, or surprise her with a gift that shows they actually know what means the most to her? Do they actually write songs about her and play them in front of a crowd to make her feel like one in a million? Do they really say the heartfelt things and tell the secrets of their hearts? Do they really kiss her in the rain just because or kiss her when she won't stop rambling on about something? Do they really want to take walks on the beach at night and hold your hand or sit and talk about what matters while under the glow of the moon? 

Why do we watch all these scinarios and build this idea of being in love up in our heads. Expecting for this to be what it's like when your the one in love now. What happens when it's not like that but that's what you thought love was suppose to be ? When that's the kind of love you want to have even if it doesn't really exists. 

That use to be how I felt daily. I still feel that way at times, sometimes often. Every girl wants to feel wanted. Every girl wants to have someone shout it out for all to hear and know. It's what we've known all our lives as to what love is suppose to be. From our first Disney movie to now at 26 years old. I learned while being separated for those 14 months that love is so much more than that. Because even though I never had any of that before, my heart still longed for his. I cried daily for something I had tried to convince myself didn't exists because there never were dinners for two, or songs sung about me, or gifts just because or kisses in the rain. 

I realized that our love was just that ours. Meaning it's not like anybody else's definition of love. Some would say we or I argue to much, or he is to laid back. That I have to high of standards and expectations of him or he doesn't stand up to me. But whatever this is that we have it works. It's real. It's not sugar coated in money or 'moments' that would make others jealous. I do struggle with wanting all those romantic moments but at the end of the day with or without them I am with whom my God has created for me. So I will take any day of our what some would said boring non romantic life but a real foundation than no foundation and nights of hollywoods ideas of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment