Thursday, January 16, 2014

Operation : Virtuous Woman

|
Monday night I went to my very first ladies small group or Bible study. I have to say I had been looking forward to finding something that is mine. I think this may be it for now. I needed a little time outside the house after being home all day with the boys. So once a week for the next 6 weeks I will be attending this small group.

Our study is going to be on the Vitreous Woman, Proverbs 31 just in case you are reading this and have no idea what I am talking about. Last night was just a introduction or a get to know you night, we did go ahead and read Proverbs 31 and kinda talk about what verses stood out to us and why. I have read it several times but that night it was in a different light. I think because I am now a woman and finding myself, I want to be that woman. However it seems near impossible. So I am excited to get to dig deeper into this and really get down in it. In hopes that after these next 6 weeks I am a better woman.

Not only did it stand out to me in that light but one of the girls translations says in the heading that the mother wrote it. That she was explaining what kind of woman to look for. It hit me so hard in that moment that I need to be teaching my boys the same thing. Obviously they are only 1 but I should be the best example I can so they can see how a woman is supposed to be. Then in return know what to look for and hopefully skip all the foolishness the world has to offer. I don't know it was interesting to me. So here's to the next six weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment