Thursday, January 23, 2014

Little brothers turning 21...I'm getting old!!

January 24th my little brother turns 21!! That's tomorrow! Yes I am getting old! Most of you probably didn't know I have a brother but I do, we just have different moms. He still lives in Virginia where I am from, he has finished school/college and now has his first real job/career. I'm sure he's probably had other jobs but this one is the one I'm pretty positive will be his career. Especially if he really does take after my dad, fixing cars well anything that could possibly do to a car my dad can do it so I'm sure he can to. 

I hadn't seen or talked with my brother in years, I think I went home once for his birthday years ago right after we had moved down here so at least 7-10 years. I know it sounds horrible but you gotta understand my childhood. My parents split when I was only 6 months old, so that meant every other weekend with my dad. Then Nic came along when I was 5 I guess, and that was great. But then we moved here when I was 12 so we pretty much lost touch because we were both so young not to really know any better. Now Skip to last summer...

My dad and Nic came down and stayed a few days with us and it was really great. They did come for my high school graduation and then for the baby shower but this time was different or maybe I was . I never knew what it was really like to have a sibling honestly. I grew up by myself 90% of my life, so those few days made me start thinking what I had been missing out on. I didn't know I would be so protective over someone that wasn't my child, that I would worry about his safety when were 500 miles apart. I never knew he looked up to me until he was telling me about how he would get a spoonful of peanut butter for the ride back to our moms just because I did, that he didn't even like it that much. Since I have heard that I now want to do things even more the 'right' way if ya will because he still is looking up to me. I never knew what that felt like before but it made me start thinking and realistically we don't know much of anything about each other. Who we have both become as young adults, what makes us mad or happy, what's funny and what's not. I wonder if we have the same characteristics ya know. The years we have been a part are the years that have been shaping us into who we are so yes we are different people than when we were 7 and 12 obviously. 

I wish he lived here and I know that might sound selfish but he's younger he can still move ha. I really would like to get to know who has become and also be an influence on who he will continue to become. Not to mention it's really neat to know I have this bond with someone I've never really had before, I also really really would like the boys to grow up with him around all the time. That would be great! I know he has his own life and I understand that's a lot to ask of someone but more importantly I want to make sure his soul is taken care of. He means to much to me to let him slip into hell and not have done everything in my power to show him Jesus. He's young and I think he thinks I'm a crazy person for always telling him that but it's my job. 

I know it sounds like I just found him, that's not what I'm trying to say, I just don't remember a whole lot from being so young, so now that were both older I can start now and be the best possible sister there is!! Now for my friends that pray, be praying for him especially tomorrow, I went out for my 21st and I know you don't think about it when it's you but now I know my mother must have been a wreck worrying about me. So I'm sure this is not his first night out but I still would like to ask that y'all just pray for protection. Thanks guys. 

I love you Nic and hope you have the best birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment