Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy One Month!!

Wow!! My boys are ONE WHOLE MONTH already!! How crazy is that, I think with the lack of sleep its a slight blur. It doesn't feel like it was a month ago I pushed them out into this gigantic world. Maybe because I'm still healing myself so I feel like it was a little more like yesterday.

I must say again that this month has been very trying, exciting, tiring, fun, exhausting and all the above!! My love and I have grown closer with maybe two outburst from being over tired. We really do work well together. It has surprised me. I always had a fear of having kids and having to do everything myself, only because I've rarely seen dads who help the mother. I'm blessed though, my man does at least half of everything. Not just because we have twins either. I'm positive if we had only one that we would be fighting over who gets to hold the baby. So I guess God really does know what He's doing.

So lets talk milestones!!

Starting yesterday the boys make eye contact with you now especially while feeding. Before they were just all over the place looking towards every sound. Now the feeling you get when you realize for the first time he is looking right at you, is amazing. Realizing he now knows who you are, the bond is only starting. It melts your heart, I didn't think it would be a big deal 'yea so they can see' but oh my goodness was I wrong. I can't even describe it. I've been trying since last night to find words for the feeling it gives you and there isn't any beside love the word that can't be described!!
Not only are they now starring at me but they have been cooing and being very vocal for over a week now. Sometimes when you give them a paci they go to town with what sounds like their own little prayer language. It makes me smile every time.

Next holding their heads up!! They have been lifting their heads literally since week two. Not just it rolling around I mean actually having some control over it. Since then they are now holding it up for quite a few seconds and looking all over the place. So I do believe they are beyond your typical just average baby at this age. My boys are going to be strong and blessed beyond measure. They will be greater than average because they are called by The Lord.

So one month down and with some insanity I am still not in a half way house!!! I think that says a lot! Though it is tough I can do this!! :)

Happy one month birthday Malachi &Elijah!!! Mommy loves you more today than even the day you entered the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment