Friday, December 26, 2014

Thoughts today..

It's amazing the connection that being a mother gives you to other women who also are mothers. It's almost like being a mother is an empowerment, I look at other females differently now. Instead of looking at them and fighting my insecurities I now look at them as strong individuals, some more than others. It takes a lot to be a good mother. We won't talk about the worthless ones. But the ones who sacrifice, the ones who have their priorities in order. There are so many different types of us that you can never put us into just one category. 

It's nice how now that I am a mother I can have a conversation with strangers all the time because I see them in the same place in life that I am. Well the ones who have toddlers, but even older women or younger who have older children than mine I feel I get looked at with instant respect now when people see me out and about with two two year old little red headed boys. It's crazy. At the grocery store, shopping, beach anywhere I go I can connect with other women on a level I've never been able to before. It's no longer a competition. It's a 'hey I see you over there struggling with that little one but you can do this, you'll make it' it's incredibly amazing to me. 

I also now can sympathize when a mother is in pain. Just like the mother down the road who lost her little boy, it literally brings tears to my eyes and I can't stop thinking about it. I don't even know her but I want to hug her, I want to stand with her and support her. I pray I will never know what she's truly feeling but I feel enough with just the thought of it that it hurts. Not only for her but for her other little boy, his twin. I sat and watched my boys play this morning tackling each other and laughing and tried to understand how is it going to be for him. That bond that nobody knows except for twins, to know everyday of his life has been spent with his brother, every moment probably shared, bath time, dinner time, bedtime, now he will have to do them all alone. Even if there are other children it's not the same. It breaks my heart. I have prayed and prayed for this family. I feel like it's our duty as mothers to stand together and be there even if we are strangers, I feel like we should all be at that funeral to show our support and love and let her know she's not alone. No, nobody wants to go to a child's funeral but if it means letting her know that somehow someway she will make it through this then shouldn't we? I beg and plead I never have to go through this awful tragedy because I don't think I could come out of it. But God knows whose strong enough and who isn't and He only gives us what we can handle, so if you ask me that's one strong woman down the road. To know every Christmas Eve she will replay what happened and then the day after Christmas yet again getting the news, I just pray somehow it gets easier to deal. That she can find a way to look up, that she can find a way to comfort the other little boy and be so sensitive to his loss as well. So if you have read this then stop and pray for this family, they would appreciate it I'm sure. 

To you mothers I am proud of you, your stronger than you know, smarter than you know and more beautiful than you even know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment