Saturday, September 28, 2013

what goes in comes out

I am listening to their daddy through the monitor lay in their crib and reading a book he brought home the other day. It is titled The True Measure Of A Man, or at least I think that is what it was called. It's a biblical book so I am quite pleased he is reading it and it just so happens our sons are benefiting from it to, yes even at 10 months old. I am a firm FIRM did I say firm? believer in what goes in comes out. My daddy has always told me that while growing up and now that I am older and now a mother it is so very true. I do not even listen to the old radio stations I use to before babies now because even though it is pretty much all bleeped out it doesn't change the message in the song. If we are out and about and people are using language I don't use we leave as soon as it starts. For instance today we went to the park minding our own business pushing the boys in the swings and the people at the tables started fighting and throwing F bombs and GD around as soon as it came out the teenagers mouth we picked the boys up and left.

If you don't believe what goes in comes out then look around and watch different people older children are a perfect example. I would be willing to say 9 out of 10 times the children that have the filthy mouth either got it from there parents because they hear it casually and frequently at home. Or they are able to watch tv, movies, Google and YouTube, listen to music they shouldn't be while there parents are to bothered with everything else. Obviously if you don't hear it or see it at home like myself growing up then your not going to act or sound like the rest of this world.

My boys are Called by God and I know this so therefore it is my job even more so than a normal mother to have wisdom when it comes to taking care of them. I don't mean for that to sound arrogant or like my babies are better than yours its not that at all. It's just God showed me while I was pregnant that they were going to be something great in His Kingdom. He gave me their names, and confirmed it all to me before they were born. So I feel like with that being said I tend to feel at times like there is a lot of pressure on me to always know what to do or to be super mom. Its tough I won't lie. But my daily prayer is asking God to give me wisdom, rest and strength. Some say I am 'overprotective' I honestly don't care because I know what I have been given.

...that may have been a little all over the place BUT haaa I got a few minutes to vent/express myself/let out some things and now in that short amount of time the boys are over the book and fussing. Time to go make bottles and give kisses so they can catch some zzz's. If only it were for a full 12 hours would be amazing.

One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment