Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Birthday Boys... almost

It's that time....

Their first birthday is right around the corner! I have got to start getting everything ready for it or else like everything else this year it will creep up on me and I won't be ready. I know everybody says the first birthday is more for the parents than the child or in my case children and I can see how that is true now! I am so excited for more than the fact my babies are now a year old but we made it the first year! Still married haha still sane, still happy and stronger than I think we may have ever been.

I am wanting to do a sock monkey themed party, when I was stuck in the hospital we would walk to the gift shop to waste time and they always had sock monkeys in there but of course they were always ridiculously overpriced so we never did buy them. But I've loved the idea of the boys having a sock monkey to carry around and play with from day one. It's this idea of this is what 'stuffed animals' were back in the day and I still think they are just as neat now. So I been pining things on Pinterest left and right trying to get ideas and figure out how I wanna go about doing this. I know I just want one main table that the decorations are on and the cake and foods. The display table I guess is what it would be. I don't want to decorate anything else just keep it really simple and the focus on the birthday boys!!!! Teal, red and brown is the color scheme, I will post a few pictures of some ideas I have been finding and would like to recreate.

I am keeping it open to everyone who wants to come or stop by because theres something about twins that attracts people more so than usual. I also don't expect gifts I just want people to come and love on the boys and have a fun little time in sharing this huge milestone with us. I really would like to do this outside but I don't know if its going to be a cold November or a nice November so I will have a back up plan for sure. M&E will be doing their cake smash photo session on a different day than their party or then again maybe not! Maybe we will make that part of the fun and do it during! My best friend will be shooting that for us and my other good friend from church will be shooting the party in general I think as well. YAY!!!

Well heres a few ideas I going to take from..

this is the onsesies and hats I am buying off Etsy.

 Cake smash photo ideas..
 Definitely like this idea of a chalk board with all the info and current likes and cuteness

 another set up I was liking..
 The tables I like. That way there is one focal point and should be some what easy and affordable to do..

 I want a cake very similar to this! although on a smaller scale I don't need to feed 100 people!
 I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures on the wall!! If Sara and I can work it out to do those photos ahead of time for me to get them up like this I really want to!
So that's kinda where I am headed for their first birthday! So much fun! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment