Monday, October 28, 2013

Nothing is wasted. He works all things for our good!!

As I was driving today and listening to Elevations- Nothing is wasted I had this moment of realizing what this song is actually about. Usually we sing songs about God and 'know' what were singing but then sometimes it hits you how powerful and gracious God is. That is the kind of moment I had. The lyrics say 

'You are loving 
You are wise
There is nothing in my life you cannot revive

Nothing is wasted 
You work all things for good
Nothing is wasted 
Your promise remains 
Forever you reign ' 

Nothing is wasted. Do you get how crazy that is? Let me give it to you the way I saw it. The year we were separated I could look and sometimes looked at as wasted but it wasn't. Just like it says what the enemy meant for bad God turned to good. Well that was suppose to be a victory the enemy thought he had. Tearing apart something that was suppose to be. But then God worked it out and restored our marriage and that year of separation He turned to good for our benefit. It only helped us in the long run. How amazing is that. Now we have two beautiful baby boys who are going to do great things in the Kingdom of God.

The other way I saw it is with this family in our church. This boy had a severe drug addiction for what I understand as quite a few years. The enemy thought he had this guy, his brothers, his family defeated. But by the grace and mercy of God he is clean and now saved. Now he's being the witness and example, the influence on others. Including his brothers and family, there's one just checked into rehab, the same place He found Jesus. Not only his brother but his father came to The Lord last night. That, is working things for his good!! Those years of addiction and being lost are not wasted even though you would naturally think they were. Because of what he went thru and came out of God has used him to bring others to Him.

But it doesn't stop there now God can and will revive all the lost relationships and dreams that disappeared because of the addictions and being lost. Wow! right? Not just that but God will also give us back the years we think were wasted and the best is always yet to come. I don't know maybe you already grasped this concept but it was such a 'aha' moment for me. I knew all these things but I've never really thought them out like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment