Friday, January 23, 2015

Does God talk to you?

Have you ever wondered how some people can have actual conversations with God? No, is it just me? I don't discredit it or think anyone is lying when they say such things, I just want to know how can I have that happen. How come I can't talk with God like that?! Or maybe I should say how come God can't talk like that with me. 

I try to get quiet and still. I try to free my mind of everything, which I don't know about you but it's extremely hard to do. I try to just think on the Lord when hoping to hear from Him. Some people make it sound like they can just have this back and forth conversation like you and I would have, but with God. I have trouble hearing Him the initial time to ever get to the second and third time that a conversation would entail. I'm pretty positive it's me, not His fault. Who blames God for anything right?! 

How do I know the thoughts or 'response' I think I hear or comes through my thought path is Him and not just me thinking that's what He might say. I question things too much for this tedious stuff. I'm that person who ask God a question and then the next thought I think of I always just write it off as me.  I guess it would be easy to distinguish if He would speak in an audible voice but most people never hear that. Let's be honest that would freak me out at first. But how cool to get use to that?!! At least I wouldn't have to spend an hour wondering if that thought I had was Him speaking to me. 

So what makes the people who supposedly hear Him talk to them different from me? Especially people like Jesse Duplantis who I love to listen to, he always is so comical and makes God sound comical. I talk to God daily, throughout the day, usually the entire time I'm driving. So it's not like I don't take time to talk to Him. I turn the radio off and then get quiet and try to just listen incase He is trying to say something but I just never hear anything. One of my 'spiritual' goals this year is to work on this! To figure out how God speaks to me besides through Bishop Jakes and my Pastor. I want to hear from Him direct daily, to be able and ask questions and get replies. To make sure He's pleased with me, to have Him tell me if I'm doing this thing called life right! 

So if some miracle or breakthrough happens I will update you and let you know. If you have any advice feel free to give it :) As always I hope you enjoyed and could relate in some way. But the struggle is real yall!!! Hahaha 

2 comments:

  1. Stay in His Word - Remember Hebrews 1:1-2... Read and meditate in and on the Word - After a time of prayer and meditation in/on the Word - Sit quietly with your Bible and see what happens. He will speak to you... I have been in this thing a LONG time and I have only heard His voice 'audibly' one time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, I am very pleased by your blog. The more that I read your blogs and the more I am studying my Bible and Christian books the better I have been feeling about a lot of things. Some day I will be to the point where I need to be but for now God understands my snail pace. I also talk to God on a daily basis while I am doing my chores or whatever it is that I am doing to occupy my time. I haven't got any response yet that I know of; but I haven't given up either. I know that God hears me. I also know that when God is ready to answer He will find a way to talk to me that I will understand the signs.

    ReplyDelete