Wednesday, November 7, 2012

See ya soon..

Dr. BB is always the barrier of good news!  (i think that is the right phrasing)  So they gave me the option to be discharged Monday!! I have to admit when they said I could go home I wasn't completely sold on going, even after all the melt downs and loneliness. I really had to weigh out different issues that could arise. They said that now I had reached 36 weeks that they felt safe with allowing me to go, and if I wanted to go back to my original doctor that I could. Our hospital can deliver 36 weeks and up. But I have to say after spending 33 days with the doctors and nurses here I feel safer and calmer with having them deliver. I know in the beginning I wasn't saying that but once they all got on the same page and grew with me I don't feel like just another number, I'm now like family to some of the nurses. I know what to expect and they have all told me what there procedures are. Not to mention they deliver twins every week here, the other hospital to my knowledge has only delivered 4 sets this whole year, then I just heard one little girl didn't make it that they delivered a set just this past month. I know there could have been a million reasons that have nothing to do with the 'hospital' itself but I wont take my chances!

SO..... on the 17th I will be induced if these little ones don't make their appearance on their own! It is nice to spend a few days home making sure I know where everything is before bringing them home. Makes me a little more sane and gives me a little more control. It has been a bit of adjusting still being home, I wasn't this big when I last was home so something as simple as sitting on the couch is not as comfortable or easy as I remembered. Not to mention I thought sleeping in my own bed would be a piece of cake, relaxing cake, but it is so soft compared to the hospital that it puts more strain on my back and belly. Nothing that a million pillows positioned in the right place can't fix though!! Falling asleep and waking up to my man again is the best part, so I am one happy VERY pregnant girl!!!

Malachi and Elijah Momma will be seeing you two soon... each day is one day closer. Oh I failed to mention they are easily 5 1/2 lbs now every movement is so pronounced these days. I never knew I was capable of this, all of it. It is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment