Friday, November 23, 2012

Two more lives in this world..

Whirlwind, whirlwind. November 14 at 10:07 Malachi 5 lbs 11 oz entered this big ol' world, followed by Elijah 5 lbs 6oz at 10:23! We will not talk about the delivery because I am traumatized by every aspect of it. Nothing about it was good.

Jump ahead to today, the day after thanksgiving and I could not be happier. My babies are beautiful and more than precious. They have had two doctors appointments, and two outings one unexpected in the week they have been here. It's amazing at how much love and purpose something so small can make you feel. I've never been so protective over anything or anyone in my 25 years of life. I can already tell I am 'that' momma, I don't care about most people's advice, or opinions, these are mine and I know them best. My family is now complete, four well five with Buddy. I couldn't ask for more! God is more than good, He never forsakes, He is always right beside me, guiding me and providing, protecting. He never fails even when I feel lost. This has been a faith testing experience in so many ways, but my faith is growing everyday.

My little angels are so tiny they are to little for newborn clothes and preemie fits there bodies but their legs are too long for them, so they just swim in their sleepers for now. Then we have the issue with diapers and the fact that they pee out of their diapers thru to their clothes and blankets but yet the diaper is dry as can be! It's a magic trick I swear. Lets put this into perspective for you who don't have twins. We went thru one can of formula in two days, 14 sleepers and 8 blankets in two days. I didn't even count the diapers. All I know off the top of my head is we had to open two packs of diapers in the 6 days we have been home. Expensive is what that is. But that's where faith steps in and I trust God to provide.

All in All I am so thankful for my family and friends this thanksgiving, for shelter over my head, for food on my plate, for peace of mind, for my more than wonderful husband, and my little snuggle bugs. God is more than amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment